Installing WordPress with Softaculous¶
Step 1: Log in to your Hosting Account¶
Open your web browser and go to your hosting accounts login URL. cPanel is typically found at example.com:2083 and DirectAdmin is typically found at example.com:2222
One-Click Login for Asura Hosting Customers
We also allow one-click login through the Client Area
Log in to your hosting account using your username and password.
Step 2: Access Softaculous Apps Installer¶
In your hosting accounts dashboard, scroll down to the
Softwaresection (cPanel) or
Extra Featuressection (DirectAdmin)
Softaculous Apps Installerto access the Softaculous application installer.
Step 3: Locate WordPress¶
In the Softaculous dashboard, you'll see a list of popular applications. Click on the
WordPress icon to begin the installation process.
Wordpress is also located under the
Step 4: Start the Installation¶
In the WordPress installation page, click on the
Install button to start the installation. You will then be presented with a range of options you can configure as detailed below.
Configure Wordpress Settings¶
Fill in the following details for your WordPress installation:
- Choose Protocol: Select "http://" or "https://" based on your site's SSL status.
- Choose Domain: Select the domain where you want to install WordPress.
- In Directory: Leave this blank to install WordPress in the root directory. To install in a subdirectory, enter the subdirectory name (e.g., "blog").
- Site Name: Enter the name of your WordPress site.
- Site Description: Add a brief description of your site.
Admin Account Settings¶
- Admin Username: Choose a username for your WordPress admin.
- Admin Password: Set a secure password for the admin account.
- Admin Email: Provide the email address associated with the admin account.
- Choose Language: Select the language for your WordPress installation.
- Select Plugins and Themes (optional): You can choose to install popular plugins and themes during the installation process.
- Advanced Options (optional): You can configure advanced settings like database name, table prefix, and more if needed.
Once configured, click the
Install button to start the installation.
Once the installation is complete, you will notice a success message with the Wordpress login URL and admin details. Do store these details somewhere safe for future use.
You should now be able to access your WordPress site using the provided URL. You can also log in with the admin credentials your configured to start customizing your site.